Monday, June 7, 2010

Macaroni Chicken Bolognese, anyone??

When my son entering 12 months, making homemade food for him is a lots of fun! After months of pureeing, mashing and carefully introducing new foods, making food for him now become a little easier.

Normally if I was at home, I will try my best to prepare homemade food for Emir. In some rare cases, like if we were out for vacation, we will try to search any restaurant which served porridge. Emir memang tak minat langsung dengan baby cereal yang bancuh2 tu..I've tried to give him once and it ended up fully pack until it reached expiring date. So memang no other options la..

The other day, when we were out to do groceries, I was looking for spaghetti and I saw a packet of macaroni. I remembered that my late grandma pernah masak macaroni with chicken soup and fed one of my little cousin (I reckon her age was around 1 year ++ at that time). So I decided to make macaroni for Emir but instead of chicken soup, I tukar sikit recipe tu jadi Macaroni Chicken Bolognese..:P

Here's the easy peasy recipe to make the simple yet delicious Macaroni Chicken Bolognese:

1/2 carrot, chopped
Broccoli (cut the stems)
Tomato paste/puree
One cup of macaroni (you can add more as you like)
Chicken breast


Cook the macaroni and carrot together and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, steam broccoli and chicken breast until it becomes soft (wait for about half an hour) and later minced them.


Preheat the cooking pot then pour the tomato puree and stir a bit. Add minced broccoli and chicken breast and cook for a few minutes.


Drain the macaroni (and chopped carrot) and place it into the cooking pot and stir for a 2 minutes until all the ingredient are blended together.

Walla! ready to be served to your little customer..:P Ibu dia pon join makan sekali..

No comments:

 
blog design by miralatiff Related Posts with Thumbnails